How To Get A Coffee Stain Out Of Upholstery Or Carpets
When you’ve spilt coffee, time is of the essence; the sooner you can treat the spill, the less likely that there will be a stain. Moreover, there are times when we don’t (or can’t) clean up a spill straight after we’re left with a mark as a reminder of our time-delay. Listed below are several Diy cleaning tips to get the stain out of your carpet and or upholstery fabric:
You Will Need The Following Items:
- Paper towels and or absorbent cloths
- Baking/Bicarbonate of soda
- Vinegar (preferably white)
- Mild soap or washing-up liquid
- Spray bottle (optional)
- White foam shaving cream
How To Remove The Coffee Spill:
Caution: Always test a small inconspicuous section first to ensure the solution you are using will not cause any damage to the colour or texture of the material.
- The quicker you can catch a spill, the better. If the spill is new, begin by blotting the area to absorb as much as possible. It is best to work from the outside of the spill towards the middle -thereby avoid spreading the stain.
- Next, spray on some plain water and blot with a clean cloth.
- Repeat until much or all of the coffee has been removed. If it is treated quickly, it can often be removed without any staining.
- If there is a stain remaining, or if you are unable to get to the stain right away, continue with the following steps:
- Apply a mild soap or washing-up liquid to the area and gently work it; rubbing the fibres between your fingers. Avoid pushing down as you rub as this will push the stain further into the carpet!
- Spray with water and blot several times to rinse.
- If there is still some staining, apply ‘foamy shaving cream’ to the area and rub it gently with a clean cloth.
- Blot to remove. Repeat as necessary.
- Rinse by wetting (spraying) with clean water and blotting with a clean cloth.
- Still, got staining? Make a paste with baking/bicarbonate soda and water to the consistency of toothpaste.
- Spread the paste onto the stain and allow it to sit until dry.
- When it is dry, vacuum it away and the stain should be gone.
- If not, mix 1 part white vinegar with 2 parts water and wet (spray) the stained area.
- Blot with a clean cloth to remove. Repeat as necessary.
- Rinse the area with clean water and blot with a clean cloth.
- When the stain is completely gone and the area has been rinsed thoroughly, lay a small stack of paper towels over the wet area and either step on it to absorb the water or lay a heavy book on top for a couple of hours. This will help draw out the last bit of water from the carpet fibres.
- Allow the area to air dry completely.
- And now, finally, vacuum to restore the carpet’s pile.
If you require assistance with a particular Stain, please contact us at Acleanerplace by telephoning: 01786 817401 / 073934557188, or by emailing email@example.com or via our Contacts page.
Acleanerplace Cleaning Services
33 Myreton Drive
Stirling FK7 8PU